Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What is Community Outreach Network?
- Who can join the Community Outreach Network?
- Who can't join the Community Outreach Network?
- How can we join the Community Outreach Network?
- Why should I become a Covered California's Community Outreach Network Partners?
- What are some ways the Community Outreach Network Partners can help raise awareness about Covered CA?
- Is there a list of the current Community Outreach Network Partners?
- Who do we contact if we have questions about the Community Outreach Network?
What is Community Outreach Network?
Community Outreach Network is composed of voluntary, diverse group of community-based organizations and stakeholders that support Covered California's Outreach and Education Program. The purpose of the Community Outreach Network is to raise public awareness and increase access to affordable health insurance at the grassroots level by partnering with trusted messengers in the communities.
Who can join the Community Outreach Network?
Organizations and stakeholders in California that want to help raise awareness about the health care options are encouraged to join the Community Outreach Network. These include, but not limited to, the following type of organizations:
- Non-profit organizations
- Community clinics, local hospitals and health providers
- Trade, industry and professional organizations
- Employment sectors, e.g. retail and construction
- County and city government
- Faith-based organizations
- Chambers of commerce
- School districts and after-school programs
- Community colleges and universities
Who can't join the Community Outreach Network?
Organizations that are already part of Covered California programs through:
- Outreach and Education and Navigator programs (Certified Educators and Navigators);
- Enrollment Assistance Program (Certified Enrollment Entitee (CEE) / Certified Enrollment Counselors (CEC);
- Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP - Certified Insurance Agents), or
- Health plan-based enrollers
How can we join the Community Outreach Network?
Simply fill out and submit an CON MOU & Interest Form by emailing to the Community Outreach Network team.
CON MOU & Interest Form (PDF)
Partnering organizations and stakeholders are required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement with Covered California before the start of the partnership.
Why should I become a Covered California's Community Outreach Network Partners?
We need help from the public and private sectors to let people know about the new health care options. As a Community Outreach Network Partner, you will receive the following support and services:
- Regular news and updates via emails and webinars from Covered California staff.
- Access to collateral materials.
- Direct support from the Community Outreach Network staff at Covered California.
- Bimonthly e-newsletters that feature the executive director's message and updates on statewide campaigns.
- Event coordination, support and promotion.
- Ongoing training via webinars and recordings.
What are some ways the Community Outreach Network Partners can help raise awareness about Covered CA?
- Refer people to our website to learn more about the new health care coverage or post a link to our website on your website.
- Send emails to your constituents and organization network about Covered CA.
- Hang posters, display or distribute brochures about Covered CA in your office.
- Hold or participate in community events to educate consumers about the health care options through Covered CA.
Is there a list of the current Community Outreach Network Partners?
Yes, download our list of partners (PDF).
For the most updated list, please contact us at CommunityOutreachNetwork@covered.ca.gov.
Who do we contact if we have questions about the Community Outreach Network?
Please email your questions to CommunityOutreachNetwork@covered.ca.gov.